[PVE-User] Backup Beta - restore failing

Lindsay Mathieson lindsay.mathieson at gmail.com
Sat Jul 11 09:09:43 CEST 2020

On 11/07/2020 4:33 pm, Dietmar Maurer wrote:
> Please can you show post the pbs storage configuration?

pbs: backupbeta
         datastore test
         server 192.168.5.49
         content backup
         fingerprint
1c:f0:e0:76:67:a5:f3:b7:b6:2b:5c:33:xxxxxxxxx:98:8f:31:15:0b:0d:53:93:2b:2f:52
         maxfiles 2
         nodes vni,vnh,vnb
         username proxmox at pbs

> Seem there is a problem how we compute the repository - the datastore part is missing.
> It should look like <user at pbs@<IP>:<datastore>. For example, if your datastore
> name is 'store1':
>
> --repositoryproxmox at pbs@192.168.5.49:store1
>
> You can test easily if that works with:
>
> # proxmox-backup-client snapshots --repositoryproxmox at pbs@192.168.5.49:store1

  proxmox-backup-client restore '--crypt-mode=none'
vm/311/2020-07-11T00:57:52Z index.json
/var/tmp/vzdumptmp121335/index.json --repository
proxmox at pbs@192.168.5.49:backupbeta

Processed without the param verification error and I got asked for the
password, and two fingerprint verications/did I really want to continue
prompts, but then it fails with:

Error: HTTP Error 400 Bad Request: no permissions

nb:

  * Std install with no custom certs, so using the default self
    generated certs in the proxmox cluster and backup server
  * Have added the pub keys to authorized_keys in both the ProxMox host
    and the Backup server so automatic ssh works in both directions.

Should I try adding the backup storage in proxmox as a FQDN rather than
a static IP?

--
Lindsay