[PVE-User] qmrestore stopped working for filename restrictions

Simone Piccardi piccardi at truelite.it
Wed Jul 8 12:45:23 CEST 2020

Il 08/07/20 11:47, Fabian Grünbichler ha scritto:
> how is it misleading? we tried to determine the archive info (backup time, format, compression, backed-up guest ID and type) from the file name, and were not able to..

It's misleading because for a well established Unix practice I expect
that informations on the file content are inside the file itself and not
in the name. So I do expect that if a command fails because of the file
name (like gunzip does) it tell me explicetely.

There is no documentation on qmrestore man page that there is a naming
convention tha you must respect on the archive name. Nor that you need
to use an uncompressed file when using standard input.

Simone
--
Simone Piccardi                                 Truelite Srl
piccardi at truelite.it (email/jabber)             Via Monferrato, 6