[PVE-User] Best practice for quorum device between data centers?

leesteken at pm.me leesteken at pm.me
Fri Feb 28 13:44:54 CET 2020

‐‐‐‐‐‐‐ Original Message ‐‐‐‐‐‐‐
On Friday, February 28, 2020 1:36 PM, Thomas Naumann <tom at chajuti.de> wrote:

> unfortunatly there is no independent third location

Are you physically located in one of the two datacenters? Then run it there.
Otherwise, run a QDevic at the same location from where you sit and manage the cluster.

If a datacenter loses connection, you want the location that you are still able to connect to to have quorum.
I mean: what good will it do if you have a running cluster with quorom which you are not able to connect to to manage?

Therefore, I suggest to run it at the same physical location as your desktop/laptop/office from which you manage the cluster.
If that is not possible, then I don't know how to prevent a possible split-brain situation during connection problems.