[PVE-User] PBS WAS : Backup of one VM always fails

Ronny Aasen ronny+pve-user at aasen.cx
Fri Dec 4 15:39:19 CET 2020

On 04.12.2020 15:20, Frank Thommen wrote:
> Lot's of klicking to configure the other 30 VMs, but yes, that's
> probably the most appropriate thing to do now :-)  I have to arrange for
> a free NFS share first, though, as there is no free local disk space for
> 3+ TB of backup...

compleatly unrelated... but since you have several large machines, and
multiple hours backup time.  You should consider testing out proxmox
backup server.  It have worked flawlessly on our tests. small and speedy
backups with dirty block tracking.  while also keeping many historical
copies via deduplication. easy restores.  but they do take the time tho :)

we copy from one proxmox using rbd backed vm's to another proxmox
cluster using backup repo on cephfs

kind regards
Ronny