[PVE-User] Upgrade Luminous to Nautilus slow OSD restart

Eneko Lacunza elacunza at binovo.es
Thu Aug 20 09:56:19 CEST 2020

Hi Mark,

El 19/8/20 a las 15:12, Mark Schouten escribió:
> Last night I did a 5.x to 6 upgrade, including Ceph Luminous to
> Nautilus. Restarts of an OSD took up to two hours. Asking on the
> ceph-user mailinglist, this seems to be an OMAP fsck fix. I saw that
> this was mentioned here:
> https://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/Ceph_Nautilus_to_Octopus#Restart_the_OSD_daemon_on_all_nodes
>
> But I think it might be wise to mention it on the Luminous to Nautilus
> page as well.

I have done several 5.x to 6 upgrades, and never had this problem. Last
upgrade was on tuesday...

Are you using Ceph for something more than RBD?

Regards

--
Eneko Lacunza                   | Tel.  943 569 206
                                 | Email elacunza at binovo.es
Director Técnico                | Site. https://www.binovo.es
BINOVO IT HUMAN PROJECT S.L     | Dir.  Astigarragako Bidea, 2 - 2º izda. Oficina 10-11, 20180 Oiartzun