[PVE-User] Create secondary pool on ceph servers..

Gilberto Nunes gilberto.nunes32 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 14 19:35:55 CEST 2020

Hi there

I have 7 servers with PVE 6 all updated...
All servers has named pve1,pve2 and so on...
On pve3, pve4 and pve5 has SSD HD of 960GB.
So we decided to create a second pool that will use only this SSD.
I have readed Ceph CRUSH & device classes in order to do that!
So just to do things right, I need check that out:
1 - first create OSD's with all HD, SAS and SSD
2 - second create different pool with command bellow:
ruleset:

ceph osd crush rule create-replicated <rule-name> <root>
<failure-domain> <class>

create pool

ceph osd pool set <pool-name> crush_rule <rule-name>

Well, my question is: can I create OSD with all disk either SAS and
SSD, and then after that, create the ruleset and the pool?
Is this generated some impact during this operations??

Thanks a lot

Gilberto