[PVE-User] Web interface issues with latest PVE

leesteken at pm.me leesteken at pm.me
Sat Apr 4 09:56:19 CEST 2020

‐‐‐‐‐‐‐ Original Message ‐‐‐‐‐‐‐
On Friday, April 3, 2020 8:19 PM, System Administrator via pve-user <pve-user at pve.proxmox.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have installed the latest Proxmox VE 6.1-2 and when modifying  network

Maybe upgrading to the latest (non-subscription) version 6.1-8 using apt-get dist-upgrade helps?

> information from web, the prefix (netmask) is slashed off from old
> interface config irrespective of whether I specify CIDR or not. And

I did notice that a recent update remove the netmask line from /etc/network/interfaces,
and puts the /CIDR after the IP address. I'm not sure what you mean here.

> then, I cannot create cluster from web GUI with link0 address in
> dropdown if IP address has prefix (/cidr). I had to create it from CLI.

Sorry, I have no experience with clusters.

> Finally, I cannot apply pending network changes from web even after
> installing ifupdown2 (without reboot). It complains about
> subscription. Do I need enterprise subscription for that?

It works for me without enterprise subscription. I do not get a complaint when I apply changes.
I believe some issues were fixes recently. Maybe dist-upgrade to Proxmox 6.1-8?

You do not need a subscription for this, but you do need  to specify the right repository.