[PVE-User] Kernel Memory Leak on PVE6?

Chris Hofstaedtler | Deduktiva chris.hofstaedtler at deduktiva.com
Fri Sep 20 15:04:34 CEST 2019

* Aaron Lauterer <a.lauterer at proxmox.com> [190920 14:58]:
> Curious, I do have a very similar case at the moment with a slab of ~155GB,
> out of ~190GB RAM installed.
>
> I am not sure yet what causes it but things I plan to investigate are:
>
> * hanging NFS mount

Okay, to rule storage issues out, this setup has:
- root filesystem as ext4 on GPT
- efi system partition
- two LVM PVs and VGs, with all VM storage in the second LVM VG
- no NFS, no ZFS, no Ceph, no fancy userland filesystems

> * possible (PVE) service starting too many threads -> restarting each and
> checking the memory / slab usage.

Do you have a particular service in mind?

Chris

--
Chris Hofstaedtler / Deduktiva GmbH (FN 418592 b, HG Wien)
www.deduktiva.com / +43 1 353 1707