[PVE-User] LXC not starting after V5 to V6 upgrade using ZFS for storage

Mike O'Connor mike at oeg.com.au
Fri Sep 13 10:56:09 CEST 2019

On 12/9/19 11:16 pm, Daniel Speichert wrote:
> I've had a similar problem. It was worse because i had to unmount
> everything up to the root.
>
> I think I set the datasets for machines to automount by setting a
> mountpoint attribute that was missing before.
>
> I can't recall if that was it though. Do you have it set? zfs get
> mountpoint /rbd/...
>
> Best,
> Daniel

Hi Daniel

Thanks for your comments, this was not the issue. All the subvols have
mount points.

BUT

I did find the issue, I had a fstab entry which was doing a bind from
the rbd to a normal path location

This was causing the zfs mount service to fail because it thought the
rbd had files in it.

Removed this by changing the service to use the rbd directory directly
instead of a bind.

Cheers
Mike