ZFS live migration with HA

Milosz Stocki kulzaus at kulzaus.top
Fri Sep 6 14:57:00 CEST 2019

Hi,

Has anyone tested the new-in-GUI option for local disk migration using ZFS
in pve 6?

For me it works up until I enable HA for the VMs in question and it looks
like proxmox GUI doesn't know that i'm using local disks and won't let me
migrate, so when trying failover to new server it starts well with replicas
but cannot seem to restore the vm to restored server.

I even tried running it from cli with "qm migrate 10101 main-host  --online
--with-local-disks --force" but it always (from GUI and CLI) gives me:

"2019-09-06 13:25:33 can't migrate local disk
'ZFS-main-host-SSD:vm-10101-disk-0': can't live migrate attached local disks
without with-local-disks option
2019-09-06 13:25:33 ERROR: Failed to sync data - can't migrate VM - check
log"
Is it something that Proxmox Team didn't enable yet for HA configs or is it
a bug because it seems like it doesn't even pass the -with-local-disks
option to HA stack and the error is a bit vague if it's on purpose?

I couldn't find it on the bug tracker.

Best Regards

Milosz Stocki