[PVE-User] PVE 5.4: cannot move disk image to Ceph

Uwe Sauter uwe.sauter.de at gmail.com
Fri Sep 6 10:41:18 CEST 2019

Hi,

I'm having trouble moving a disk image to Ceph. Moving between local disks and NFS share is working.

The error given is:

########
create full clone of drive scsi0 (aurel-cluster1-VMs:112/vm-112-disk-0.qcow2)
rbd: create error: (17) File exists
TASK ERROR: storage migration failed: error with cfs lock 'storage-vdisks_vm': rbd create vm-112-disk-0' error: rbd: create error:
(17) File exists
########

but this is not true:

########
root at px-bravo-cluster:~# rbd -p vdisks ls
vm-106-disk-0
vm-113-disk-0
vm-113-disk-1
vm-113-disk-2
vm-118-disk-0
vm-119-disk-0
vm-120-disk-0
vm-125-disk-0
vm-125-disk-1
########

Here is the relevant part of my storage.cfg:

########
nfs: aurel-cluster1-VMs
	export /backup/proxmox-infra/VMs
	path /mnt/pve/aurel-cluster1-VMs
	server X.X.X.X
	content images
	options vers=4.2

rbd: vdisks_vm
	content images
	krbd 0
	pool vdisks
########

Looking in /etc/pve I cannot find any filename that would suggest that a lock exists. Any thoughts on this?

Thanks,

	Uwe