[PVE-User] Add SSD journal to OSD's

Gilberto Nunes gilberto.nunes32 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 30 15:15:24 CET 2019

Hi there

I have cluster w/ 5 pve ceph servers.
One of this servers lost the entire journal SSD device and I need to add a
new one.
I do not have the old ssd anymore..
So, bellow is the steps I intend to follow... Just need that you guys let
me know if this steps are correct or not and if you could, add some advices.

1 - Set noout
2 - Destroy the OSD that already down
3 - Recreate the OSD on the servers that SSD failed

This steps will do the ceph to rebalance the data, right?
Can I lose data?
My cluster right now, have some inconsistence:
ceph health detail
HEALTH_ERR 1 scrub errors; Possible data damage: 1 pg inconsistent
OSD_SCRUB_ERRORS 1 scrub errors
PG_DAMAGED Possible data damage: 1 pg inconsistent
    pg 21.181 is active+clean+inconsistent, acting [18,2,6]

Is there a problem to do the steps above with the cluster in this state?
This PG is set on other OSD... OSD.18 which is laying in other server...

Thanks a lot for any help

---
Gilberto Nunes Ferreira

(47) 3025-5907