[PVE-User] SQL server 2014 poor performances

Fabrizio Cuseo f.cuseo at panservice.it
Mon Oct 28 17:15:05 CET 2019

----- Il 28-ott-19, alle 16:56, Mark Adams mark at openvs.co.uk ha scritto:

> There is a WD Blue SSD - but it is a desktop drive, you probably shouldn't
> use it in a server.

Hello mark.
I know that is a desktop drive, but we are only testing the different performances between this and a desktop pc with a similar (or cheaper) desktop ssd.

> Are you using the virtio-scsi blockdev and the newest virtio drivers? also,

I am using the virtio-scsi, and virtio drivers (not more than 1 year old version)

> have you tried with writeback enabled?

Not yet.

> Have you tested the performance of your ssd zpool from the command line on
> the host?

Do you mean vzperf ?

PS: i don't know if the bottleneck is I/O or some problem like the SQL "content switch" setting.

PPS: SQL server is 2017, not 2014.