[PVE-User] How to list templates via CLI

Robert Strzelecki robert.strzelecki at freeola.co.uk
Thu Oct 24 19:27:06 CEST 2019

Actually, sorry if you meant VM templates. For those check
https://pve.proxmox.com/pve-docs/api-viewer/ nodes -> qemu - can't seem
to link direct to the particular command (pvesh get /nodes/{node}/qemu)
It returns a 'template' property (seemingly undocumented) that is either
blank or the name of the template so you could just script to loop
through all the VM's and extract the ones with a populate 'template'
property.

Rob

On 24/10/2019 18:05, Demetri A. Mkobaranov wrote:
> Hello, new user here.
>
> how can I list templates using CLI? qm list doesn't help me, I just
> see all the vms and I can't differentiate.
>
> Thanks

Kind regards,

Rob Strzelecki,
Systems & Programming Manager.

Tel: 01376 55 60 60
Fax: 01376 55 60 79
Web: http://freeola.com <http://freeola.com/>
Freeola <http://freeola.com/>
Freeola Limited registered in England number 5335999. VAT reference 859
1100 32
Registered office and trading address 94 Church Street, Bocking,
Braintree, Essex, CM7 5JY
Products and services are subject to terms and conditions which are
available online at http://freeola.com/support/
For Customer Support please call 01376 55 60 60.