[PVE-User] VMID clarifying

Gilberto Nunes gilberto.nunes32 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 22 14:43:54 CEST 2019

Folks,
When you create a VM, it generates an ID, for example 100, 101, 102 ... etc
By removing this VM 101 let's say, and then creating a new one, I noticed
that it generates this new one with ID 101 again.

But I also realized that it takes the backups I had from the old VM 101 and
links to this new one, even though it's OSs and everything else. My fear is
that running a backup routine will overwrite the images I had with that ID.
It would probably happen if I had not realized.

Any way to use sequential ID and not go back in IDs? I do not know if i was
clear....

---
Gilberto Nunes Ferreira

(47) 3025-5907