[PVE-User] creating 2 node cluster via crossover cable

Adam Weremczuk adamw at matrixscience.com
Thu May 30 17:15:54 CEST 2019

Hello,

I have 2 nodes running the latest PVE 5.4.

The servers have 4 x Gb ports each so I've decided to bond 2 and connect
to a switch.

The remaining 2 are bonded and used for connecting nodes directly with a
pair of crossover cables.

This is really what I want as both nodes will be using own local storage
and and act as an active-passive node (shared zfs pool).

This sync traffic will be much better suited to use a direct route
rather than mix with CT/VM and other traffic served by the switch in front.

And I'm not ready to spend money on a new 10 Gb switch + cards.

Anyway, I've tried creating a cluster using these "crossover" IPs (Ring
0 address) but it seems to be persisting of using primary IPs.

I could fiddle with /etc/hosts and probably get somewhere but I was
wondering if there is an official, clean and reliable way of achieving this?

Thanks,
Adam