[PVE-User] core packages held back

Christian Ebner c.ebner at proxmox.com
Wed May 29 17:52:35 CEST 2019

Hi,
please run a apt-get dist-upgrade, not just an apt-get upgrade.

See man apt-get:
dist-upgrade
dist-upgrade in addition to performing the function of upgrade, also intelligently handles changing dependencies with new versions of packages; apt-get has a "smart" conflict resolution system, and it will attempt to upgrade the most important packages at the expense of less important ones if necessary. The dist-upgrade command may therefore remove some packages. The /etc/apt/sources.list file contains a list of locations from which to retrieve desired package files. See also apt_preferences(5) for a mechanism for overriding the general settings for individual packages.

Hope this helps!