[PVE-User] What is the purpose of second gluster server in storage config?

Thomas Lamprecht t.lamprecht at proxmox.com
Wed May 8 11:02:24 CEST 2019

On 5/8/19 10:15 AM, Igor Podlesny wrote:
> On Wed, 8 May 2019 at 15:02, Thomas Lamprecht <t.lamprecht at proxmox.com> wrote:
> [...]
>>> -- I didn't open no ticket, neither did I __complain__. I just let
>>> others know there's a pitfall, meanwhile thoroughly describing what it
>>> was. That's it.
>>
>> In a mail were a user ask where to open a request for this (i.e., pro-actively
>> trying to do something to make it better), you just wrote:
>> "Proxmox tells you go suffer, that's what happens"
>
> You're shamelessly making it up.
> Let's see how it really was:
>     https://pve.proxmox.com/pipermail/pve-user/2019-May/170632.html
>
> So, "go suffer tells you proxmox" was direct reply to
> "Proxmox recognize the failure and mounts the secondary?"
>
> Kinda very different story (a bit). But still no dramatic.

OK, here I just read the question about where to report this and saw
the "Proxmox ..." answer, as Proxmox is "we" but also often used for Proxmox VE
(PVE), which leads to two totally different interpretations, so sorry for reading
to hasty and assuming bad faith here.

>> (i.e., pro-actively trying to do something to make it better), you just wrote:
>
> I've "pro-actively" reported that issue here on mail list on April 6:
>     https://pve.proxmox.com/pipermail/pve-user/2019-April/170542.html
>
> The only response I've gotten was yours: "Anyway, I'd be open for
> patches regarding this."

Yeah, still am, from all possible contributors - not only you, but yes
the Bugzilla request should've been there too.

cheers,
Thomas