[PVE-User] Proxmox 5.2, CEPH 12.2.12: still CephFS looks like jewel

Igor Podlesny pve-user at poige.ru
Tue May 7 09:16:10 CEST 2019

On Mon, 6 May 2019 at 18:08, Igor Podlesny <pve-user at poige.ru> wrote:
[...]
> > But more importantly, does `ceph features` confirm that there are no jewel
> > clients connected?
>
> I'll check later but I'm sure it won't reveal anything in addition
> what I've already said.

So I did -- it's clearly indicated as "jewel". If I disable CephFS (as
I've said) it goes away.

Nodes have those packages:

ii  ceph                                 12.2.12-pve1
 amd64        distributed storage and file system
ii  ceph-base                            12.2.12-pve1
 amd64        common ceph daemon libraries and management tools
ii  ceph-common                          12.2.12-pve1
 amd64        common utilities to mount and interact with a ceph
storage cluster
ii  ceph-fuse                            12.2.12-pve1
 amd64        FUSE-based client for the Ceph distributed file system
ii  ceph-mds                             12.2.12-pve1
 amd64        metadata server for the ceph distributed file system
ii  ceph-mgr                             12.2.12-pve1
 amd64        manager for the ceph distributed storage system
ii  ceph-mon                             12.2.12-pve1
 amd64        monitor server for the ceph storage system
ii  ceph-osd                             12.2.12-pve1
 amd64        OSD server for the ceph storage system
ii  libcephfs1                           10.2.11-2
 amd64        Ceph distributed file system client library
ii  libcephfs2                           12.2.12-pve1
 amd64        Ceph distributed file system client library
ii  python-cephfs                        12.2.12-pve1
 amd64        Python 2 libraries for the Ceph libcephfs library

I supposed that libcephfs1 might be the culprit, but nope -- removing
it didn't fix that:

    "client": {
        "group": {
            "features": "0x7010fb86aa42ada",
            "release": "jewel",
            "num": 3
        },
        "group": {
            "features": "0x3ffddff8eeacfffb",
            "release": "luminous",
            "num": 4
        }
    }

As a reminder: it's only happens when CephFS is enabled.

--
End of message. Next message?