[PVE-User] pve-firewall, clustering and HA gone bad

Thomas Lamprecht t.lamprecht at proxmox.com
Thu Jun 13 20:32:37 CEST 2019

On 6/13/19 3:29 PM, Horace wrote:
> Should this stuff be in 'help' documentation ?

The thing with the resolved ringX_ addresses?

Hmm, it would not hurt if something regarding this is written there.
But it isn't as black and white, and often depends a lot on the
preferences of the admin(s) and their setup/environment.

Some hints could probably given, especially for a IPv6 addition/switch,
as the getaddrinfo preference of IPv6 over IPv4 if both are configured
has often bitten people (see /etc/gai.conf , man gai.conf), not only with
clustering or PVE.

A few other hints could probably thrown into that too..
Stefan (CCd), would you be willing to take a look at this and expand the
"Cluster Network" section from the pvecm chapter in pve-docs a bit
regarding this? That'd be great.