[PVE-User] zfs 0.7 no discard

Mark Adams mark at openvs.co.uk
Tue Jul 9 22:00:00 CEST 2019

Hi GIanni,

Thanks for your response, what I forgot to mention is I am also using zfs
inside of the VM, which I think is the main problem - I need it to be 0.8
to actually send the discard/trim command to the underlying zfs... what I'm
not clear on is if I need both to be 0.8.

Also, I assume this can be done retrospectively ? so if I upgrade then I
can run fstrim and it will clear the space in the host...? Maybe that
question is better posed to the zfsonlinux list though...

Cheers,
Mark