[PVE-User] Predicable name for ethernet devices...

Geoffray Levasseur fatalerrors at geoffray-levasseur.org
Thu Dec 12 15:56:31 CET 2019

Le 12 décembre 2019 14:23 "Gilberto Nunes" <gilberto.nunes32 at gmail.com> a écrit:
> Hi guys
>
> Is there any negative effect if I change the predicable name for ethernet
> devices, from eno1, eno2, etc, to eth0, eth1.... ????
>
> Thanks a lot
>
> ---
> Gilberto Nunes Ferreira
>
> (47) 3025-5907
> (47) 99676-7530 - Whatsapp / Telegram
>
> Skype: gilberto.nunes36

Hi,

I'm doing that on most of my servers and it work very fine. But I'm not using ethx anymore. I prefer using more explicit names that have the side effect to avoid conflicts with internal kernel names (that are still ethx). So I use adm0 for administration, lan0, linux lan, win0 for windows, wlan0 for wifi or wan0 for public ports...

Everything is much clear then.

regards,
--
Geoffray Levasseur
Technicien UPS - UMR CNRS 5566 / LEGOS - Service Informatique