[PVE-User] Cluster mixed hardware behavior (CPUs)

Roland @web.de devzero at web.de
Fri Apr 26 16:56:36 CEST 2019

>will run at the lowest common denominator. In other words, if you have 3
>hosts each with CPU frequencies being 2.1 GHz, 2.3 GHz, and 2.5 GHz
>respectively, the entire cluster will run at a 2.1 GHz level.

huh, really? never heard of that, where is that information from?

from what i know, clustering is about cpu features, not speed, see
https://communities.vmware.com/thread/545610

What vmware does is EVC ( https://kb.vmware.com/s/article/1003212 ) ,
that way you can mask what cpu features/instructions should be used
within the cluster.

my proxmox knowledge is limited, but from what i can see you set what
cpu features being used at VM level (hardware ->processors ->type)

roland