[PVE-User] Cluster mixed hardware behavior (CPUs)

Uwe Sauter uwe.sauter.de at gmail.com
Fri Apr 26 14:31:33 CEST 2019

To be most flexible in a HA setup you would take the minimal denominator on the CPU architecture / feature side.

E.g. if you have 5 hosts with SandyBridge CPUs and 5 Hosts with Skylake CPUs you would limit the CPU type to SandyBridge. This
enables you to migrate VMs back from a Skylake node to a SandyBridge node. Otherwise your VMs might want to use CPU features that
no longer exist after migration.