[PVE-User] Windows Server 2003

David Lawley davel at upilab.com
Thu Apr 25 16:48:48 CEST 2019

yep, finally.  Had to shove the new driver into place,  but did not help
with the restart problem

can start and stop via PVE.   Have a few other quirks too, like
configuring page file for crash dump, another topic for another vendor.

But it still runs.  Maybe time just to pamper this old creature till
they decide to  to move its purpose to another resource (not soon enough
if you ask me)

so get-osinfo shows

  "id" : "mswindows",
    "kernel-release" : "3790",
    "kernel-version" : "5.2",
    "machine" : "x86",
    "name" : "Microsoft Windows",
    "pretty-name" : "Microsoft Windows Server 2003 R2",
    "variant" : "server",
    "variant-id" : "server",
    "version" : "Microsoft Windows Server 2003",
    "version-id" : "2003"

and config shows

agent: 1
boot: c
bootdisk: virtio0
cores: 12
cpu: kvm32
ide2: ISOStore:iso/virtio-win-0.1.164.iso,media=cdrom,size=362130K
localtime: 1
memory: 3072
name: Intranet2
net0: virtio=8E:BB:62:16:15:76,bridge=vmbr0
numa: 0
onboot: 1
ostype: wxp
sockets: 2
startup: up=30
virtio0: netappstore:vm-133-disk-0,size=80G