[PVE-User] API users

Thomas Lamprecht t.lamprecht at proxmox.com
Wed Apr 24 13:37:59 CEST 2019

Am 4/24/19 um 1:26 PM schrieb Mark Schouten:

> The goal would indeed be to be able to limit the less secured users to specific source addresses. At this moment, we managed to limit API-calls by looking for the X-requested-by header, combined with the API URL with an exclude for novnc, but the user is still able to login to the web frontend.
>
> API-users and API-client-addresses would be the best fix, if you ask me.

This sounds legitimate and would be the easiest solution for this providing a
"real" fix, and at the moment I cannot think about an easy workaround achieving
something like this? Could you please open an "enhancement" request at:
https://bugzilla.proxmox.com/ it probably won't be seen as to high priority,
but it should be to hard either, once one really thinks about what makes sense.
(black/whitelist? per realm or per user, ...?)

cheers,
Thomas