[PVE-User] Options when installing Proxmox for NAS use

Edwin Pers EPers at ansencorp.com
Fri Oct 26 18:59:54 CEST 2018

IMO your best bet would be to install Debian with zfs mirror on the two hdd's and then install proxmox from packages on top of that.
Simplest thing would be to run the vm images as normal files, but you can use zvol's for vm drives as well.

https://github.com/zfsonlinux/zfs/wiki/Debian-Stretch-Root-on-ZFS
https://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/Install_Proxmox_VE_on_Debian_Stretch

-ed