[PVE-User] Ceph repository

Thomas Lamprecht t.lamprecht at proxmox.com
Tue Oct 23 08:02:35 CEST 2018

Hi,

On 10/22/18 5:29 PM, Eneko Lacunza wrote:
> El 22/10/18 a las 17:17, Eneko Lacunza escribió:
>>
>> I'm looking at Ceph Jewel to Luminuous wiki page as preparation for a PVE 4 to 5 migration:
>> https://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/Ceph_Jewel_to_Luminous
>>
>> I see that after the procedure, there would be 2 repositories with ceph packages; the official ceph.com repo and the PVE repo.
>>
>> Is this necessary, or can we leave ceph.com repo commented?
>>
> This is addressed in the following wiki:
> https://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/Upgrade_from_4.x_to_5.0
>
> Wouldn't be better just to migrate directly using Proxmox Ceph repository?

The thing is: you have to upgrade to Ceph Luminous *before* you upgrade from latest
PVE 4.4 (jessie based) to PVE 5.X (stretch based), and we do not provide luminous
packages for PVE 4.4 (jessie based).

So, to solve this you need to upgrade to Ceph Luminous with the ceph.com jessie repos,
but should ensure that you install a lower, known working version, e.g. ceph=12.2.5,
then you can upgrade PVE and then you can switch out the ceph.com with our stretch based
ones.

If you, whyever, don't do a dist-upgrade and have PVE 5.X already installed then you
could directly use our ceph repositories.

cheers,
Thomas