[PVE-User] Request for backport of Ceph bugfix from 12.2.9

Thomas Lamprecht t.lamprecht at proxmox.com
Thu Nov 8 16:38:34 CET 2018

On 11/8/18 1:43 PM, Alwin Antreich wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 07, 2018 at 09:01:09PM +0100, Uwe Sauter wrote:
>> This is a bug in 12.2.8 [1] and has been fixed in this PR [2].
>> Would it be possible to get this backported as it is not recommended to upgrade to 12.2.9?
> Possible yes, but it looks like that the Ceph version 12.2.10 may be
> soon released, including this fix.
> https://www.spinics.net/lists/ceph-users/msg49112.html
> For now I would wait with backporting, as we would need to test a
> backported 12.2.8 as well as we will with a new 12.2.10.

This is a minimal proposed change which looks just right, so much testing
may not be needed, i.e., just the change part once - at least if it
applies cleanly.

But as a ceph rollout is quite a bit of work besides that I agree with
Alwin that it probably makes sense to wait at the soon arriving 12.2.10


More information about the pve-user mailing list