[PVE-User] 2node cluster

Tonči Stipičević tonci at suma-informatika.hr
Wed Jun 20 12:44:59 CEST 2018

Hello to all

I'm testing pve-storage-zsync and it works pretty well on my 3node
cluster .   One VM from origin node is replicating to other two nodes
and when I shutdown origin node , I can start VM from it's replicated
image on one of the other nodes w/o any issues/problems. If I make some
changes to this replicated image , after starting "dead" node back
again, replication overrides those changes and so on ...

So this is possible because we still have quorum .  However real
scenario will have only two nodes in cluster and the problem arises when
one node shuts down and there is no quorum any more.

Then we have to lower "votes" on the surviving node.

Since I want to make zfs-sync (disaster recovery) test with 2node
cluster ,  the question would be: Is it possible to start "dead" node
back again and restore "votes" value on the surviving node ?      Will
the cluster accept this "dead" node back ?

I have never done this before  and just want to be prepared for
reinstalling dead node if it cannot get back into the cluster again ....

Thank you very much in advance

and

BR

Tonci