[PVE-User] high cpu load on 100mbits/sec download with virtio nic

Daniel Berteaud daniel at firewall-services.com
Wed Jun 13 10:51:30 CEST 2018

Le 13/06/2018 à 10:46, Maxime AUGER a écrit :
> Hello,
> it's not my intention, my goal is to migrate on KVM a hundred VM currently driven by VMWARE
> I am aware of the architecture differences between vmware and kvm
> the comparison may make no sense
> but I can't migrate without doing a minimum of validation testing

IMHO, you should push your host to its limit, eg, run as many VM as you
can until you're CPU bound (on host side). Then you'll be able to check
if the density is less than, equal to, or better than vmware. I don't
think comparing a % cpu usage is meaningful on different platforms as
there can be too many differences in how this is mesured (and how the
CPU governor is handled when nearly idle)

++

--

Logo FWS

	*Daniel Berteaud*