[PVE-User] pvesh get current status and cpu value

Thomas Lamprecht t.lamprecht at proxmox.com
Fri Jun 1 17:12:17 CEST 2018

Hi,

Am 06/01/2018 um 04:52 PM schrieb Daniel Berteaud:
> Hi.
>
> Writing some script to monitor my guests on a proxmox 5.2 cluster (3
> nodes), I find something strange. When I ask the current status of a
> guest, eg
>
> pvesh get /nodes/pve1/qemu/109/status/current
>
> I get most stats I want, except for CPU usage. I guess it should be the
> value of cpu (cpus being the number of cores assigned to the VM, and cpu
> the % used), but the value I get for cpu is always 0, no matter the
> activity of the VM.
>
> Am I missing something, or is this a bug ?

actually cpu should be set and represent what you expect,
I took a quick look at the code and did not see why it
shouldn't be set...
It's in the PVE::QemuServer::vmstatus method, but I got no time today to
investigate in this, sorry :)

> BTW, I'd have asked this on the forum, but I get "You have insufficient
> privileges to post here"

regarding this: you run into our forums spam alert,
now you should be able to post :)

cheers,
Thomas