[PVE-User] pveceph : Unable to add any OSD

Phil Schwarz infolist at schwarz-fr.net
Mon Sep 25 20:25:23 CEST 2017

OK, thanks.
Did update the sources.list files to the test & pvetest repo.
update &dist-upgrade

But, the software versions remain identical :

  dpkg -l |grep ceph
ii  ceph                                 12.2.0-pve1
amd64        distributed storage and file system
ii  ceph-base                            12.2.0-pve1
amd64        common ceph daemon libraries and management tools
ii  ceph-common                          12.2.0-pve1
amd64        common utilities to mount and interact with a ceph storage
cluster
ii  ceph-mgr                             12.2.0-pve1
amd64        manager for the ceph distributed storage system
ii  ceph-mon                             12.2.0-pve1
amd64        monitor server for the ceph storage system
ii  ceph-osd                             12.2.0-pve1
amd64        OSD server for the ceph storage system
ii  libcephfs1                           10.2.5-7.2
amd64        Ceph distributed file system client library
ii  libcephfs2                           12.2.0-pve1
amd64        Ceph distributed file system client library
ii  python-cephfs                        12.2.0-pve1
amd64        Python 2 libraries for the Ceph libcephfs library

dpkg -l |grep "pve-"
ii  libpve-access-control                5.0-6
amd64        Proxmox VE access control library
ii  libpve-common-perl                   5.0-18
all          Proxmox VE base library
ii  libpve-guest-common-perl             2.0-12
all          Proxmox VE common guest-related modules
ii  libpve-http-server-perl              2.0-6
all          Proxmox Asynchrounous HTTP Server Implementation
ii  libpve-storage-perl                  5.0-15
all          Proxmox VE storage management library
ii  pve-cluster                          5.0-14
amd64        Cluster Infrastructure for Proxmox Virtual Environment
ii  pve-container                        2.0-16
all          Proxmox VE Container management tool
ii  pve-docs                             5.0-9
all          Proxmox VE Documentation
ii  pve-firewall                         3.0-3
amd64        Proxmox VE Firewall
ii  pve-firmware                         2.0-2
all          Binary firmware code for the pve-kernel
ii  pve-ha-manager                       2.0-2
amd64        Proxmox VE HA Manager
ii  pve-kernel-4.10.17-2-pve             4.10.17-20
amd64        The Proxmox PVE Kernel Image
ii  pve-kernel-4.10.17-3-pve             4.10.17-23
amd64        The Proxmox PVE Kernel Image
ii  pve-libspice-server1                 0.12.8-3
amd64        SPICE remote display system server library
ii  pve-manager                          5.0-32
amd64        Proxmox Virtual Environment Management Tools
ii  pve-qemu-kvm                         2.9.1-1
amd64        Full virtualization on x86 hardware

Therefore, the pveceph createosd issue is the same : A failure in
creating the OSD..

I beg i've to wait for 5.1.
What's the delay between the last 5.1 beta and the final 5.1 stable ?

Don't knwo if i can wait or have to destroy the cluster and recreate it
OUT OF proxmox .

Would be sad, but it seems i'm the only one having problem in creating
OSD, and i can't wait for my OSD to be added; at least, i can't wait a
full month..

Thanks