[PVE-User] Bonding and packetloss

Daniel daniel at linux-nerd.de
Mon Sep 4 08:41:38 CEST 2017

Hey,

after changing to mode 5 it should work for me.
But actually I run in other small problems but not important right now.

--
Grüsse

Daniel

Am 01.09.17, 22:22 schrieb "pve-user im Auftrag von Daniel" <pve-user-bounces at pve.proxmox.com im Auftrag von daniel at linux-nerd.de>:

    Hi there,

    here is a small overview if my Network:

    2x HP Switches. Both are connected with 4x 1Gbit with a LACP Trunk to each other – Working as expected.

    Now my Problem, I configured all my hosts with Bond Mode 6 and conncted 1 NIC to Switch One and the other to Switch Two
    Sometimes I got packetloss and see a Kernel error like this: vmbr0: received packet on bond0 with own address as source address (addr:0c:c4:7a:aa:5c:e4, vlan:0)

    Some hosts are working pretty well and some has Packet Loss.
    After adding some “rules” to a host which has loss the error messages disappear but the loss (less loss) still exists.
    Is there any special hint what can be the matter? When I change to active/passive mode all is fine.

    This is my interfaces config which has packetloss:

    auto lo
    iface lo inet loopback

    iface eno1 inet manual

    iface eno2 inet manual

    auto bond0
    iface bond0 inet manual
                    slaves eno1 eno2
                    bond_miimon 100
                    bond_mode 6

    auto vmbr0
    iface vmbr0 inet static
                    address  10.0.2.111
                    netmask  255.255.255.0
                    gateway  10.0.2.1
                    bridge_ports bond0
                    bridge_stp off
                    bridge_fd 0
                    bridge_maxage 0
                    bridge_ageing 0
                    bridge_maxwait 0

    I am absolutely without any glue ☹ tested a lot and nothing really helps to solve this problem.

    --
    Grüsse

    Daniel