[PVE-User] PVE 3.4 - Debian 9 hang

Emmanuel Kasper e.kasper at proxmox.com
Tue Nov 14 11:03:25 CET 2017

>> Hi Eneko
>> What is the status of the qemu process when the VM hangs ? Is it in D
>> state ?
> I don't think but didn't check it. Will do next time it hangs.
>> Also which SCSI controller type are you using ?
> It was set as default (LSI 53C895A), just changed to virtio on this
> morning's reset. I think we have changed this previously too, but can't
> say for sure.

LSI 53C895A could be well the cause of your problem.
IIRC it is not that much tested / used by Qemu Upstream.
( on Pve 4.2 we switched the SCSI controller to Virtio SCSI for new
Linux VMs)

Virtio Blk was the controller we recommended for Linux guests running on
PVE 3.4. If you're using UUID in your /etc/fstab, you can switch to
Virtio Blk without problem.