[PVE-User] PVE 3.4 - Debian 9 hang

Eneko Lacunza elacunza at binovo.es
Tue Nov 14 09:41:48 CET 2017

Hi all,

We have a Debian 9 VM running on a v3.4 Proxmox cluster (yes I know we
should upgrade it), that periodically hangs.

When it hangs, we can't reach it neither by network nor by Console (it
is frezeed). Also, CPU is shown at about 52%-53% (VM has 2 cores).

It hangs quite often, about every 1-3 days, no backups running. It is
running Icinga2.

We have other Debian 9 VMs in that cluster that don't hang (but none is
running Icinga2)

VM config:
- 512MB RAM (use tops at about 450MB)
- 2 cores, 1 socket (Default -kvm64)