[PVE-User] copy paste

mj lists at merit.unu.edu
Wed Nov 1 09:06:09 CET 2017

Hi Martin,

Thanks for your reply, interesting that it works for you...!

Details:
- proxmox 4.4-13
- debian stretch as a guest
- display spice (qxl)
- qemu agent yes (though not sure if this is required)
- apt-get installed qemu-guest-agent in the stretch guest

My workstations runs linux mint 18.2 that comes with virt-viewer 1.00.

I click console button, select SPICE, and the virt-viewer is launched,
and connects automatically. However, ctrl-v only gives "^V" in the
guest, and shift-insert gives "^[[2~"

Perhaps I should use different shortcuts?

But also selecting text in the virt-viewer cli console is not possible,
the mouse disappears when above the virt-viewer window.

Surprised that it works for you. Do I do something wrong?

MJ