[PVE-User] WebUI - Ceph OSD page - remove vs. destroy

Uwe Sauter uwe.sauter.de at gmail.com
Tue May 16 20:56:31 CEST 2017

Hi,

I just noticed an (intentional?) inconsistency between the WebUI's Ceph OSD page vs. the tasks view on the bottom and
the CLI:

If you go to Datacenter -> node -> Ceph -> OSD and select one of the OSDs you can "remove" it with a button in the upper
right corner. If you do so the task is called "Ceph OSD osd.# - Destroy", which matches the CLI command "pveceph
destroyosd #".

Is there any reason for this inconsistency? If not, I'd suggest to change the WebUI's button to reflect that this is not
only a "remove" action but really "destroys" the data on the disk (in a way that makes recovery not so easy. Yes I know
that the disk isn't really wiped, but the default action of the button is to remove the partition table.)

Regards,

	Uwe