[PVE-User] Migration from server down

Alessandro Briosi ab1 at metalit.com
Thu May 4 09:15:03 CEST 2017

Hi all,
I have had some troubles with 1 server in a cluster.
As the VM have all disks on shared storage I though it would have been
possible to migrate them from the current out of order server to the
others in the cluster.
HA is not enabled (I prefer doing it manual)

Though the GUI gave errors 'cause it could not connect to the server.

So I migrated it simply by moving the VM configuration to another node.

Am I missing something in the GUI? Why is it not possible to migrate a
server (with all shared resources) to another server from the GUI when
the VM is on a not reachable server?

IMHO there should be a path to change (and migrate) a VM configuration
even if the server where it rus is down/not reachable.

Regards,
Alessandro