[PVE-User] Update stuck

Uwe Sauter uwe.sauter.de at gmail.com
Mon Mar 13 14:01:35 CET 2017

Hi,

I was installing the latest updates to PVE 4.4 yesterday and it got stuck after the configuration step for Ceph.

I was able to trace this to a process "systemd-tty-ask-password-agent --watch" while systemd was restarting ceph.target.
It seems that systemd confused its internal state somehow (at least this is the explanation I found while searching for
a solution).

The solution to this was to run "systemd daemon-reexec" in another ssh session which caused the stuck process to be
killed and the update to continue.

Just thought I'll let you know.

Regards,

	Uwe