[PVE-User] Using move disk when moving large disks

Kevin Lemonnier lemonnierk at ulrar.net
Wed Mar 8 00:36:27 CET 2017

> Has anyone used PVE "move disk" when moving large disks from one storage
> to another? Especially when the VM is live?
> Is disk writes really 100% synced from one disk to another while moving
> process is still active?
>
> Have you encountered even data loss? Or filesystem inconsistency which
> can be fixed like any other?

I've done it a lot between glusterfs and other storages (local, nfs, other gfs ..),
works fine. No dataloss, no inconsistency.
The only problem I have is the vm crashes when it reaches 100% almost everytime,
it gets restarted by HA quickly but that's still annoying. It's been happening
for years on all our clusters, but for some reason no one else has that problem,
so I assume it's something to do with the glusterfs implementation or something.

--
Kevin Lemonnier
PGP Fingerprint : 89A5 2283 04A0 E6E9 0111