[PVE-User] Clone a qemu template with API in HTTP

Cédric Bernard cbernard at deezer.com
Thu Mar 2 15:41:16 CET 2017

Hello

I try to clone a qemu template with the API in HTTP but i have a "null"
result.

I use this command :
curl --silent --insecure --cookie "$(<~/cookie)" --header "$(<~/csrftoken)"
-X POST --data name=dzr-mythugvm-01 --data newid=1001 --data
target=proxmox-03 --data pool=Infra
https://proxmox-01:8006/api2/json/nodes/proxmox-01/qemu/1000/clone

When I use GET on the url
https://proxmox-01:8006/api2/json/nodes/proxmox-01/qemu/1000/, I don't see
the "clone" feature in the result. I see other features like "config",
"pending", "migrate", etc.

I can clone the VM on the web interface and also on the CLI with pvesh with
the same parameters.

Does this feature exist with the HTTP API ? As it's written here
https://pve.proxmox.com/pve-docs/api-viewer/index.html

My proxmox version is 4.4, it's up to date.

Thanks for your help!