[PVE-User] Increase memory QXL graphic adapter

Alexandre DERUMIER aderumier at odiso.com
Tue Jul 25 10:06:26 CEST 2017

also discussion about youtube performance

https://www.spinics.net/lists/spice-devel/msg27403.html

"Since you are on el7 system you can test our nightly builds:
https://copr.fedorainfracloud.org/coprs/g/spice/nightly/
which provides ability to switch the video encoder in spicy (package
spice-gtk-tools) under Options menu.

Your vm needs to have the video streaming enabled (set to 'filter' or
'all').

(virsh edit VM ; and add <streaming mode='all'/> to graphics node)

Also check if the image compression is turned on (ideally set to glz)

"

this can be tuned in -spice command line. (this need change in proxmox QemuServer.pm)

"-spice port=5903,tls-port=5904,addr=127.0.0.1,\
x509-dir=/etc/pki/libvirt-spice,\
image-compression=auto_glz,jpeg-wan-compression=auto,\
zlib-glz-wan-compression=auto,\
playback-compression=on,streaming-video=all"

not sure about new spicy video encoder.