[PVE-User] Shared storage on NAS speed - LVM(over iSCSI) vs NFS

Mikhail m at plus-plus.su
Wed Jul 19 23:49:29 CEST 2017

On 07/20/2017 12:33 AM, Michael Rasmussen wrote:
>> The time to give OmniOS a try has come, I also noticed that X550 NICs
>> are supported by OmniOS since late autumn 2016. Luckily Proxmox supports
>> online storage migration (Move disk) without bringing vms down - this
>> simplifies storage migration a lot in live environment!
>>
> Remember to get it here: http://www.omniosce.org/

I heard about original OmniOS, by OmniTI, is being discountinued and
that OmniOSCE takes care of it.
But I could not find installation ISO images of the OmniOSCE. Which
procedure to follow to get OmniOSCE installed? I guess it is to get
latest available OmniOS installation ISO from
https://omnios.omniti.com/wiki.php/Installation and then follow
procedure described on the http://www.omniosce.org/ page to convert it
into OmniOSCE?

thanks,