[PVE-User] Shared storage on NAS speed - LVM(over iSCSI) vs NFS

Mikhail m at plus-plus.su
Wed Jul 19 23:07:44 CEST 2017

On 07/19/2017 06:38 PM, Michael Rasmussen wrote:
>> I guess my only way to fix this is to migrate everything off that server
>> and reinstall it from scratch, throwing away things like MDADM and LVM
>> this time and replacing them with ZFS for storage purposes.
>>
> You mentioned before that you hoped to use Omnios. Latest stable
> now supports your nics.

Yes, that was more than a year ago when I deployed this storage server -
you have good memory, Michael! =)

The time to give OmniOS a try has come, I also noticed that X550 NICs
are supported by OmniOS since late autumn 2016. Luckily Proxmox supports
online storage migration (Move disk) without bringing vms down - this
simplifies storage migration a lot in live environment!

cheers,
Mikhail.