[PVE-User] Shared storage on NAS speed - LVM(over iSCSI) vs NFS

Mikhail m at plus-plus.su
Wed Jul 19 11:32:05 CEST 2017

Hello,

Thanks for your responses.
The issue appears to be somewhere beyond iSCSI.
I just tried to do some "dd" tests locally on the storage server and I'm
getting very low write speeds:

root at storage:/root# dd if=/dev/vg0/isoimages of=isoimages.vg0
62914560+0 records in
62914560+0 records out
32212254720 bytes (32 GB) copied, 945.573 s, 34.1 MB/s
root at storage:/root#

(/dev/vg0/isoimages is local LV to the storage server)

So will have to find out what's the problem or bottleneck somewhere else.
Load average on storage server is 4.0-5.0 for the following CPU

according to lscpu output:
Model name:            Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E3-1230 v5 @ 3.40GHz
Stepping:              3
CPU MHz:               800.000
CPU max MHz:           3401.0000
CPU min MHz:           800.0000

Could this be due to low (800.000 MHz) CPU frequency?

Thanks!