[PVE-User] btrfs in a guest

mj lists at merit.unu.edu
Sun Jul 16 14:28:18 CEST 2017

Hi,

Just a quick question: I am building a new samba 4.6 fileserver on
proxmox with ceph storage backend. I am tempted to try btrfs as a
filesystem for the samba shares, because of the 'previous versions'
functionality. (btrfs + snapshots)

However... googling about btrfs/ceph etc, I'm not sure if it's a wise
decision, and it's difficult to find info on it, as mostly the results
are about using btrfs as storage for ceph.

So, is it a good idea to use btrfs in a guest, or better stick with (for
example) xfs?

Have a nice sunday everybody!

MJ