[PVE-User] prox storage replication <> iscsi multipath problem

Tonči Stipičević tonci at suma-informatika.hr
Fri Jul 7 07:35:42 CEST 2017

Hi to all,

     I'm testing pvesr and it works correct so far and is big step ahead
regarding migration/replication w/o shared storage. Actually that is
something I was really waiting for , because it is easier to find
neighborhood with two (only) server than two servers with shared
storage. This is the way that one host can really back the other one up
(since sync frequency is fine-tunable)

     But I do have problem with some kind of collisions. My test lab has
3 hosts and one freenas shared storage. The connection in between is
iscsi-target-multipath , so each node (incl freenas as shared storage ->
lvm) has 3 nics . In order to test and play with pvesr I created zfspool
on each host using local hard drive (1 drive -> one zfs volume ... no
redundancy etc) and storage replication was working fine . But after a
while iscsi-multipath connections are still on but  my shared lvm iscsi
freenas storage disappears .  The only way I was able to got it back was
deleting all pvesr jobs and  destroying zfs pools on each node.

I repeated this scenario more time times but the result was the same

I'm aware that this scenario ( shared storage and storage replication )
is not kind a usual (but it should be possible) but I'm still wondering
why this pvesr killed my  freenas-iscsi target ?

Thank you in advance

Best regards
Tonci
--

/
/

Tonči Stipičević, dipl. ing. Elektr.
/direktor / manager/**
**

d.o.o.
ltd.

*podrška / upravljanje
**IT*/ sustavima za male i srednje tvrtke/

/Small & Medium Business
/*IT*//*support / management*

Badalićeva 27 / 10000 Zagreb / Hrvatska – Croatia
url: www.suma-informatika.hr
mob: +385 91 1234003
fax: +385 1  5560007