[PVE-User] HA Group - VM Prioriy

Gilberto Nunes gilberto.nunes32 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 19 19:43:28 CET 2017

I running some test for myself and realize that in a two node HA cluster,
when I set the nodeA to priority 1 and nodeB to priority 2, the running VM
migrated to nodeB. On the other hand, when set nodeA to priority 2, and
nodeB to priority 1, the running VM migrated to nodeA.
So I thing the priority affect where the VM reside. Perhaps I am wrong...
If so please correct me.

Thanks

Em 19 de fev de 2017 13:54, "Thomas Lamprecht" <t.lamprecht at proxmox.com>
escreveu:

Am 18.02.2017 um 00:23 schrieb Gilberto Nunes:

> Hi List
>
> Let's suppose we have 3 nodes HA Proxmox.
> There is a screen where we can define certain priority to certain VM.
> Which priority is the highest???  0? 1?? N + 0??

There are now help buttons integrated in most dialogues, they should link
to the part of the docs describing the dialogue parameters.

In this case it would be:
http://pve.proxmox.com/pve-docs/chapter-ha-manager.html#ha_manager_groups

>     List of cluster node members, where a priority can be given to each
> node.
>     A resource bound to a group will run on the available nodes with the
> highest priority.
>  If there are more nodes in the highest priority class, the services will
> get
>     distributed to those nodes. The priorities have a relative meaning
> only.

So, the higher you set the priority the higher is a nodes priority.
Also, as mentioned in the docs: this are just relative meanings, i.e. the
highest priority is the highest you set :)

So a group with:

 > nodeA:1,nodeB:2,nodeC:3

Would have the *exact* same results as:

 > nodeA:11,nodeB:222,nodeC:30101