[PVE-User] Move VMs / local storage to new host with minimal downtime

Kevin Lemonnier lemonnierk at ulrar.net
Mon Feb 13 17:07:34 CET 2017

> We are thinking about moving some local shared storage VMs to a new host with minimal downtime, do you have any idea on how to do this ?

Just add the new host's storage on the old proxmox through some network filesystem (NFS might be the easiest, some people talked about sshfs)
and then just use the "move disk" function from proxmox.
No downtime, although sometimes for some reason I can't identify the VM will reboot when the disk moving hits 100%. Still, almost no downtime.

--
Kevin Lemonnier
PGP Fingerprint : 89A5 2283 04A0 E6E9 0111